Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy valentine's day

Today Char and I went out to lunch and then we went shopping. Char got some stuff for her friend, and I got a daddy book for Isaiah. He told me that he is nervous about the baby because he has never changed a diaper or anything even though he has been around a lot of children, it's different when it's your own. He asked me yesterday if there are any classes he should be taking and I told him a little about what I knew but I didn't take any parenting classes. I thought it might help his nerves a little to have a book that goes through the first year month by month and would be a good gesture so I got it for him.

I also got a baby swing! Setting it up at home and I am excited to have it set up because (this is flame-worthy considering I'm due so soon) it's the first baby furniture I have set up. I have baby clothes, socks, blankets, socks...things like that, but don't worry - I do have everything lined up even though I'm cutting it close!
crib - becky is giving me her daughter's crib since she is moving her to a big girl bed
car seat - I actually bought one off target.com, my mom was disappointed because she said she wanted to buy the carseat. well there was a problem with the mail and I never got the car seat so now my mom can buy one when she comes down next week
pack 'n play - gray and megan said they are going to give me Alanna's pack 'n play since they want to buy a new one for their next baby
All of these I'll get next week when they bring them for the baby shower (at 37 weeks 2 days!)
Also, Isaiah bought a moses basket for the baby

My single mom income is very thankful for hand-me-downs!

No comments:

Post a Comment