Sunday, January 10, 2010

The beginning...

Today I am 30 weeks pregnant. I have been thinking about doing a blog for a while, but finally decided to go for it. The main reason I am doing it is to get to track the rest of my pregnancy and my child's life.

So, here is a little background on me...
I got married in May '09, got pregnant in July and left my husband at the end of Aug because he was abusive and I was scared for my child. I am not glad about how my marriage turned out or that I am in this situation but it's where I'm at and I can't do anything to change it. All in all, I am so grateful for my child because it probably would have taken me a lot longer to get up the courage to leave if I hadn't gotten pregnant.

So, now I have only a couple months left until my baby will be full term and I am very excited. I am slowly collecting all the things I need for the baby and I know that I am going to be a good mom.

Today I had some friends over for dinner. I made pulled pork, rolls and frozen strawberry dessert and I am really glad with how it all turned out because all the food was good and it was really nice to have friends over here.

Also I got a package from my cousin, a late Christmas present, and it was wonderful! A really sweet card and she also gave me a journal, a scarf from Ecudor and an adorable hat for my baby from Peru. It was such a nice suprise to get that package.

1 comment:

  1. Its good to see a woman pull through a situation such as yours that may have darkened your eyes a bit come back into the light and still have hope for the future in the form of a baby. its amazing.

    ReplyDelete